A lawn mower machine is basically used for reducing the height of grass or any other plants. The lawn mower has various types. You can save your time by cutting grass with it instead of cutting the grass manually. They offer accurate cut grass to make your lawn look attractive. Here we picked some of the best lawn mower for elderly to save time and cut grass efficiently.
Besides, a lawn mower can reduce the effort of cutting grass so that you can save time. You should know that a lawn mower has a sharp cutting blade to cut grass very effortlessly. There are different lawn mower types; you can choose from a push-behind, electric, completely motorized lawn mower. A lawn mower’s versatility can help you clean your large or small lawn in a short time.
Table of Content:
You can get an overview of this article from this section. You can reach any specific section by clicking the hyperlink below:
- 6 Best Lawn Mower for Elderly Reviews 2021
- 1. Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Electric 21″ Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
- 2. Lawn-Boy 17732 21-Inch 6.5 Gross Torque Kohler XTX OHV
- 3. PowerSmart Lawn Mower, 22-inch & 200CC
- 4. WORX WG779 40V Power Share 4.0 Ah 14″ Lawn Mower w/ Mulching & Intellicut (2x20V Batteries)
- 5. Greenworks 20-Inch 3-in-1 12 Amp Electric Corded Lawn Mower 25022
- 6. Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower, 14 inches, Green
- Why Seniors Need a Lawn mower?
You can compare the features of our chosen lawn mower so that you can find a mower that can fulfill your needs. You can go through the comparison chart below:
Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Electric 21″ Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
Lawn-Boy 17732 21-Inch 6.5 Gross Torque Kohler XTX OHV
PowerSmart Lawn Mower, 22-inch & 200CC
WORX WG779 40V Power Share 4.0 Ah 14″ Lawn Mower w/ Mulching & Intellicut (2x20V Batteries)
Greenworks 20-Inch 3-in-1 12 Amp Electric Corded Lawn Mower 25022
Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower, 14 inches, Green
6 Best Lawn Mower for Elderly Reviews 2021
We picked some of the best lawn mower for elderly carefully so that they can fulfill all of your needs. Besides, they can provide a reliable and precise grass cut to make your small or large lawn look beautiful. Let’s start our discussion:
1. Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Electric 21″ Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
This one is one of the best cordless lawn mowers with a self-propelled transmission. It’s equipped with two Briggs & Stratton 82V Lithium-ion batteries, and each fully charged battery can run up to 45 minutes. Besides, its rapid charger can charge the battery faster.
Snapper XD 82V has an impressive lightweight construction than any other lawn mowers. Its compact build quality and engine size are almost noiseless. The easy operation and portable design make it the best lawn mower for senior citizens who want a well-manicured lawn.
Moreover, this machine can save battery energy with its smart sensors. Its smart load sensing technology can adjust the power supply on workload intensity. You can start this lawn mower with a single push button. It has 7 level height adjustment adds convenience if you want a particular grass height.
Snapper XD 82V Features:
- Snapper XD 82V has a 3-in-1 mowing deck to make you grass cutting more efficient.
- You can adjust the cut’s height with a single lever, and you got seven cut height adjustability with this machine.
- Its 1,200-watt brushless motor can allow you to grass in a short time, and it needs less maintenance.
- You can adjust the speed of this lawn mower with an easy speed control lever in hand.
- These lawn mowers have a powerful battery and quick charging ability to ensure reliable performance.
2. Lawn-Boy 17732 21-Inch 6.5 Gross Torque Kohler XTX OHV
The Lawn-Boy offers this lightweight lawn mower self propelled rear-wheel-drive design. It is a gas-powered lawn mower that can run on any hilly terrain easily. You can control its speed by speed lever. It comes with a quiet and powerful engine to make sure your work is done in a short time.
Besides, this lawn mower is equipped with a Kohler 149cc OHV Engine. Which is very powerful and has a 3-in-1 discharge ability. Its Commercial-grade engine needs less maintenance, and it is very user friendly.
You can get excellent mulching capabilities with its built-in Tri-cut cutting system. It is lightweight but durable enough to do its job properly. Moreover, it needs less effort to start, you can start this lawn mower with just one or two pulls.
Lawn-Boy 17732 Features:
- This lawn mower is powered by a Kohler engine that is trusted and needs less maintenance.
- Its extraordinary performance will impress you; it can cut grass in a short time with its tri-cut cutting system.
- The rear-wheel-drive design can ensure better traction and control for more convenience.
- This machine has easy height and width adjustability so that you can adjust your cutting with its quick-adjusting lever.
- It has a dependable engine and quiet performance can assure grass cutting without disturbing your neighbors.
3. PowerSmart Lawn Mower, 22-inch & 200CC
This is another powerful 4-stroke lawn mower with a single-cylinder gas engine. It can clean up any grass; it doesn’t matter how tall or how tough it is. This machine has a 22-inch steel mowing deck, which is very durable and ensures quicker cleanup.
The powerful engine and easy operation make it the best lawn mower for elderly. It is very easy to control. Besides, its depth could be adjusted 1.18 to 3.02 inch and cut width 22 inches. You can clean your lawn in a short time without any labor because it is self-propelled and easy to push.
Moreover, It has a quick folding design, which allows you to store this lawn mower in a compact place. You can keep this machine tidily after folding to save storage space. Its large fuel tank can ensure unimpededly grass cutting even if you have a large lawn.
PowerSmart Lawn Features:
- Its powerful motor, large cutting deck, adjustable cutting length ensures smooth and quicker grass cutting.
- This lawn mower has an air-cooling system to keep the mower engine cool and continuously work.
- You can adjust 5 grass cutting positions so that your lawn looks more attractive.
- It’s easy to control and user-friendly operation ideal for any elderly who like to cut their lawn grass.
- This durable and long-lasting lawn mower is affordable, and its quiet operation is just impressive.
WORX WG779 40V is a battery-powered lawn mower that is very dependable and efficient. It comes with a 20v two battery and a rapid charger so that you can charge faster. The battery of this lawnmower will last longer than any other. If the battery is fully charged, it can easily cover a lawn.
It comes with a bunch of features at a limited budget. This 2-in-1 mower allows you to bag it up to your grass or mulch them ground. You can adjust the cutting height from six different positions. These functional features consider it as one of the best small yard lawn mower.
You can adjust the torque to get more efficient grass cutting. Also can power up/ down as you need to save battery when the grass is mild. It doesn’t need much maintenance as any other gas lawn mower. Moreover, its full-bag indicator and battery power indicator let you know where to stop for a break.
WORX WG779 40V Features:
- This lawn mower has an intellicut system to adjust torque on demand and save power for your next work.
- It has a 2-in-1 bagging or mulching system with a full-bag indicator so that you can decide whatever you want to do with grasses.
- The powerful battery of this mower can ensure efficient and long-lasting work when it is fully charged.
- This one has a large cutting deck and push-button start ability to add more convenience to your work.
- It’s lightweight and durable construction is easy to maneuver and takes less storage space.
5. Greenworks 20-Inch 3-in-1 12 Amp Electric Corded Lawn Mower 25022
This lawn mower is equipped with a 12amp powerful motor, and it doesn’t need any battery or gas. This one is a corded lawnmower, so you just need to plug in and go. You can clean your lawn grass continuously without going back to recharge this lawn mower.
Several features make this lawn mower very efficient. First of all, it’s a quiet action and compact design, which is very impressive. You can easily fold its handle to carry or store it tidily. Another thing is its 3-In-1 operation mode. You can mulch, side discharge, or store in a rear bag after cutting grass.
Besides, its single lever height adjustment allows you to get the desired grass height for your lawn. Moreover, its large steel deck can cover large areas at a single time so that you can finish your job earlier. You can easily clean up any mid-size lawn or yards with this lawn mower.
Greenworks 20-Inch Features:
- Its corded design ensures long time use without any break for charging or refueling.
- It has a powerful 12amp motor that can cut any tough and thick grass without much effort.
- This lawn mower is almost noise-free because of its motor; you can cut grass without disturbing the neighbor’s sleep.
- You can adjust your cutting height with a simple lever, and its textured wheel ensures smooth motion.
- Besides its lightweight construction, you can fold its handle to store in a compact space easy to control.
6. Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower, 14 inches, Green
This lawn mower is ideal for any medium lawn. It is a battery-powered lawn mower. Its durable blade can cut a 14″ wide path, which is very sharp, and trim any grass with a single pass. The rechargeable battery powers up its powerful motor to cut any kind of grass without any burden.
Besides, a considerable and three-position height adjustable feature suitable for any type of lawn grass. You can use this lawn mower for wet grass; it will cut with precision. You can cut grass up to 10,000 sq. ft at a single charge, and cordless design allows you convenient cutting every time.
It’s easy operation and compact design perfect for anyone who is looking for an affordable lawn mower. This lawn mower comes with a useful safety feature; you can start or stop this mower with just a single press. After your work is done, you can plug into a charger to get charged and ready for the next job.
Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch Features:
- This battery-powered lawn mower can work very fast with its powerful motor.
- Its sharp blade can cut any tough and wet grass with just a single pass.
- This lawn mower is easy to operate, and it produces very low noise.
- Its safety switch prevents any accidental start. To start your cutting job, you have to squeeze the trigger to start this lawn mower.
- Due to its lightweight construction; it can move easily, and the compact design reduces the storage space.
Why Seniors Need a Lawn mower?
There are several reasons why seniors should use a lawn mower. Let’s talk about some of the key reasons:
- A lawn mower is a lightweight machine, and it doesn’t need much effort.
- Seniors can keep their lawn or yard well maintained with lawn mowers help.
- It can cut different types of grass or plants with the appropriate shape; it can save seniors time and effort.
- Any lawn mower doesn’t associate with any kind of injury, so it is safe for seniors.
- Lawn mowers are not very costly but functional enough to easily cut grass. That’s why any senior could use it for their lawn, back yard, or home garden.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we will answer some frequently asked questions about a lawn mower; read through to learn more:
How many years should a lawn mower last?
With proper care and required maintenance, a lawn mower could last 8-10 years with ease. But without adequate maintenance, it might last less long.
Are lawn mower engines interchangeable?
Yes, all lawn mower engines are interchangeable. But you have the proper knowledge to do, and you must follow some safety instructions before you do it.
How often should you replace your lawn mower?
If your lawn mower is functioning well, you don’t need to change it. Some problems are fixable, and some might need an expert to help. But if you face the same problem repeatedly, it’s time to change your lawn mower.
How often should lawn mower blades be replaced?
If you want an effective grass cutting, you should replace your mower blades annually. You can sharpen your blades regularly. It could prolong the blade’s lifetime.
How many times can you sharpen lawn mower blades?
There’s no specific limit. You can sharpen your lawn mower blades when you need it; it could improve cutting speed. If you see your blades become eroded, you should go for new blades.
In conclusion, you should be careful if you plan to get a lawnmower for any senior person. Because many lawn mower choices could confuse us. A lawn mower should be functional yet user friendly. An older person needs a lightweight lawn mower so that they can handle it without much effort. That’s why we focused on some of the best lawn mower for elderly to reduce your trouble.
If you are looking for the best lawn mower on a limited budget, you can go for PowerSmart Lawn Mower. It comes with a powerful single-cylinder gas engine and a large fuel tank so that you can clean your lawn quicker and comfortably. When you use this machine, it doesn’t matter how large your lawn or yard is. It can do its job effectively.