After a period of long rains, your lawn may look unattractive due to the failure of being attended to for a long time. Even though the debate of whether to use a mower on wet grass or not keeps escalating, it is evident that you have to mow your wet grass. Use the best lawn mower for wet grass that ensures that you cut wet grass without causing harm.
Wet grass can be slippery, and if the right precautionary measures are not undertaken, it can lead to injuries. It would be best if you used a mower with sharpened blades to cut wet grass evenly. Exercise caution when mowing wet grass to guarantee safe mowing.
Can I Cut Wet Grass With An Electric Lawn Mower?
You should never cut wet grass with an electric mower because by doing so, you fall prey to electric shock. The circumstances in which an electric lawn mower can be used on wet grass is if it does not have a cord. Even with that, you must be cautious because of the risk of being harmed by an electric mower.
We all know that electricity and water are mortal enemies meaning bringing them together is like starting an endless war. Not only is an electric mower on wet grass dangerous, but it is also inefficient and can damage your machine. Using an electric mower on wet grass will make you end up with ruts; the best way is to avoid using the mower.
Table of Content:
- 5 Best Lawn Mowers for Wet Grass Reviews 2020
- 1. Greenworks G-MAX 40V 16” Cordless Lawn Mower with 4Ah Battery – 25322 model
- 2. WORX WG779 40V Power Share 4.0 Ah 14″ Lawn Mower w/ Mulching & Intellicut
- 3. PowerSmart Lawn Mower, 21-inch & 170CC, Gas Powered Self-propelled Lawn Mower
- 4. American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower, Black
- 5. TACKLIFE Lawn Mower, 14 Inch, Electric Lawn Mower, 6 Cutting Heights (0.98”-2.95”), Single Lever Adjustable, Tool-Free Installation
- How To Cut Grass With A Lawnmower?
Greenworks G-MAX 40V 16” Cordless Lawn Mower with 4Ah Battery – 25322 model
WORX WG779 40V Power Share 4.0 Ah 14″ Lawn Mower w/ Mulching & Intellicut
PowerSmart Lawn Mower, 21-inch & 170CC, Gas Powered Self-propelled Lawn Mower
American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower, Black
TACKLIFE Lawn Mower, 14 Inch, Electric Lawn Mower, 6 Cutting Heights (0.98”-2.95”), Single Lever Adjustable, Tool-Free Installation
5 Best Lawn Mowers for Wet Grass Reviews 2020
Cutting wet grass is not as easy as many people think; that is why you need to use the best lawn mower for wet grass. When you maintain your mower well, it will help you cut wet grass with ease while exercising precaution to prevent getting harmed. In this guide, we will review the top five lawn mowers in detail to help you choose the right one to cut wet grass.
1. Greenworks G-MAX 40V 16” Cordless Lawn Mower with 4Ah Battery – 25322 model
A lawnmower has a 16-Inch cutting deck that enables you to cut grass even in the most difficult places. The lawnmower has 2-in-1 features that offer mulching and bagging capabilities. It has various working tools to enable you to complete the task of cutting grass quickly.
The Greenworks lawn mower boasts of a 40V 4Ah Li-Ion Battery that powers numerous tools to ensure your lawn task’s completion. Take advantage of this lawnmower that cuts wet grass, designed with 5-position height adjustment offering the best cutting height range of 1-1/4 inches to 3-3/8-inches. It is powerful enough to cut 400m2 of wet grass when charged once, giving an even cut on all grasses types.
The handles of this mower fold down with ease when you finish cleaning, making it compact for easy transportation and storage. Use the grass catcher bag to empty the grass clippings to prevent your lawnmower from getting stuck. It is a convenient machine that will give your lawn a beautiful look.
Greenworks G-MAX Features:
- This lawnmower is designed with a 16-inch cutting deck that enables you to clean in any yard size efficiently.
- The Greenworks lawn mower comes with 2-in-1 features that deliver mulching and bagging capabilities.
- A powerful 40V 4Ah Li-Ion Battery runs this lawnmower, enabling you to complete your cleaning in good time.
- The lawnmower has handles that fold down easily when done cleaning making it compact for easy storage.
- It comes with a grass catcher bag that you can use to empty the grass clippings preventing your lawnmower from malfunctioning.
This sleek Lawn Mower comes with an intellicut feature that provides intense action for severe conditions. Its two 20V 4.0 Ah batteries give this mower 40V double runtime for exceptional efficiency. Anytime you get into thicker grass, dial up the power of the lawnmower to cut grass easily. The 14” cutting deck of this lawn mower enables you to cut the grass around landscaped features with a wide width to cut down grass in specific areas on your lawn.
The WORX WG779 is the best lightweight lawn mower weighing only 29 pounds, making it quite portable. This lawnmower comes with 2-in-1 features, for it allows you to either bag up your grass or mulch it into the ground. Through its 4Ah batteries, you can cut grass in a 1/8 acre when you charge the mower only once.
You will find a battery charge indicator onboard this lawn mower that indicates the amount of juice you still have to know when to go back to the garage. A plastic-topped collection bag is provided that can accommodate .85 bushels, while the full-bag indicator gives an alert to empty it. This mower also comes with a dual-port charger to charge its two batteries at the same time.
WORX WG779 Features:
- The WORX WG779 features a 14” cutting deck that allows you to cut the grass around landscaped features with ease while the wide width enables you to clear grass in specified areas.
- It comes with a dual-port charger that you can use to charge its two batteries consecutively to ensure they fill back up quickly.
- A lightweight lawnmower with a weight of 29 pounds means its portable enough to carry out your cleaning with ease.
- It comes with 2-in-1 features that give a guarantee of either bagging up your grass or mulching it into the ground.
- This mower comes with 4Ah batteries that allow you to cut grass in a 1/8 acre with a single charge.
3. PowerSmart Lawn Mower, 21-inch & 170CC, Gas Powered Self-propelled Lawn Mower
This is the best gas powered self propelled lawn mower with a 5-position height adjustment that enables you to make changes to the cutting height. A lawnmower with a robust 4-stroke and a single-cylinder gas engine delivers exceptional back up capable of clearing the toughest grass. It also prevents grass overgrowth making your lawn have a stunning appearance.
The PowerSmart lawnmower is equipped with a forced air-cooling system that guarantees continuous engine running power to finish up the job. Its 21-inch steel mowing deck provides a large cutting area enabling you to cut grass in a big place with ease. This is a 3-in-1 gas mower with side discharge and mulching functionality, which gives you room to spread grass clippings aside.
A self-propelled lawnmower has 8-inch rear wheels for easy mobility, aiding you to achieve work efficiency. The quick folding design allows you to store this lawnmower tidily, making you save space that keeps your house organized. This mower has a fuel tank capacity of 0.4 Gallon, which is sufficient in finishing the cleaning task at hand.
PowerSmart Lawn Mower Features:
- A self-propelled lawnmower with a single-cylinder gas engine and 4-stroke engine providing exceptional back up capable of doing away with the toughest grass.
- The PowerSmart mower is equipped with a forced air-cooling system that provides continuous engine power to get the job done.
- It features a 21-inch steel mowing deck with an enhanced grass cutting area enabling you clear more significant areas.
- This mower features a 5-position height adjustment to enable you to cut long grass with ease while handling grass overgrowth.
- It comes with 8-inch rear wheels that guarantee mobility, which aids in covering the task ahead of you efficiently.
4. American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower, Black
A lawnmower engineered by a high-efficient powerful 11-Amp motor that delivers sufficient power for cutting all types of grass. The broad 14″ cutting width plus 5-positions allow you to make cutting adjustments to suit the task at hand. This is a 2-in-1 mower with a mulching system and rear discharge for convenience when cutting grass
This American Lawn Mower has a lightweight frame and a compact design for comfort when cutting grass. It is not a gas-powered mower meaning it does emit harmful smoke, thus keeping the environment safe. This mower requires minimal maintenance in addition to its quiet operation. You will find a hard top 16-Gal grass bag included in this lawnmower that ensures smooth disposal.
An electric mulching mower with an adjustable handle height enables you to make adjustments to the cutting height. The handle has a cushioned grip to ensure comfort when cutting grass, allowing you to deliver uniformed grass length. It comes with a foldable handle that guarantees easy storage, making it the best corded electric lawn mower.
American Lawn Mower Features
- A corded lawnmower has a cutting height adjustment lever that ensures that you cut grass to the specified height to deliver uniformity.
- This American Lawn Mower is equipped with a robust 11-Amp motor that guarantees adequate grass-cutting power.
- An electric mulching mower with adjustable handle height comes with a cushion that enhances comfort when cutting grass.
- A lightweight and portable lawn mower meaning you can transport it conveniently, and it is also easy to operate.
- It comes with a hard top 16-Gal grass bag that helps dispose of grass quickly after it piles up in the mower.
5. TACKLIFE Lawn Mower, 14 Inch, Electric Lawn Mower, 6 Cutting Heights (0.98”-2.95”), Single Lever Adjustable, Tool-Free Installation
This is a cheap lawn mower with six cutting heights ranging between 0.98”-2.95” that allows you to choose the height that compliments the task ahead of you. It features a 10AMP electric power-driven lawn motor that delivers high efficiency with speeds of up to 3300rpm. The tool-free installation of this mower makes it possible to assemble with ease.
The TACKLIFE Lawn Mower features 114 Inch metal steel blade that delivers exceptional cutting efficiency. Its wheels are quite flexible, coming in size of 5.5” and 7.9” to ensure mobility efficiency when cutting grass. This is a portable lawn mower meaning you can carry it easily from one area to another to make a new lawn.
This lawnmower is foldable, meaning it will be stored easily when you are done using it. It has a full grass indicator that reveals when it is time to empty, minimizing frequenting emptying times. When using this, the mower ensures that you choose the desired cutting height before cutting the grass to prevent the machine from blocking.
TACKLIFE Lawn Mower Features:
- A lawnmower featuring six different cutting heights enables you to choose the ideal size for the height of grass you are cutting.
- The TACKLIFE Lawn Mower is powered by a 10AMP motor that runs up to 3300rpm, delivering remarkable grass cutting performance.
- This electric lawnmower is equipped with a 114 Inch metal steel blade that delivers high cutting efficiency to ensure grass uniformity.
- It comes with a foldable size, meaning when you are done cutting grass, you can fold it and store it without occupying a large space.
- The 5.5” and 7.9-wheel sizes rotate easily, enabling you to carry out your grass, cutting tasks with ease because of ease of mobility.
How To Cut Grass With A Lawnmower?
Proper mowing entails making your lawn beautiful such that it is healthy and attractive. It is imperative to remember that how you mow and when you mow will play a significant role in determining your lawn’s look.
This is how to cut grass with a lawnmower;
Step 1: Clear your lawn
Check out your lawn and do away with any obstacle present, no matter how small. This ensures that you don’t have to make numerous steps when you start mowing to pick up unwanted materials in your lawn.
Step 2: Check your mower
Don’t start mowing without ensuring that the mower is in its perfect condition. Check the deck to make sure it is free from dirt and debris. Set the height of your desire for the deck, then start the mower.
Step 3: Sharpening blade
Ensure the blade of your mower is sharpened before starting your task. Remove the blade and sharpen on a bench grinder or using a mill file for the best results. Check blade balance after that, ensure that the desired sharpness is achieved.
Step 4: Start mowing
This entails mowing at the right height and choosing a cutting pattern to ensure uniformity when you are done with your job. When mowing, bear in mind that every kind of grass comes with its own height. This means when mowing, you make the right height adjustments to suit the grass you are cutting.
Step 5: Make use of an edge trimmer
A finished appearance will be achieved when you use an edge trimmer, especially when the lawn connects to paved surfaces. An edge trimmer is suitable around trees, walls, and other lawn areas that seem difficult to penetrate.
Step 6: The one-third rule
It is essential to follow the one-third rule, which entails mowing when the grass is one-third taller than the expected height. For instance, if you are desire to have 2 inches of grass height, mow when the grass is about 3 inches. Be keen only to trim one-third of the grass height to avert damaging and stressing the lawn.
Step 7: Grass clippings
Lastly, you can opt to leave finely chopped clippings on the lawn to decompose, providing crucial nutrients to your lawn. You will notice that the soil’s health will improve after a while. Any clippings on the sidewalk or driveway should be removed for a fabulous physique.
Step 8: You can now give yourself a tap at the back because you have managed to mow your lawn, giving it an outstanding appearance.
Frequently Asked Question
Is Wet grass bad for a lawnmower?
Can a lawn mower overheat?
Can you hose down a lawn mower?
How often to change the oil in a lawn mower?
How often do you change the lawn mower blade?
Mowing wet grass calls for the best lawn mower for damp grass because it is safe and offers exceptional performance. Bear in mind that the wetness on your grass can is a conductor of electricity, which means you may end up being electrocuted if proper caution is not adhered to. With the right lawnmower, you can prevent any accidents from happening when cutting wet grass.
The Greenworks G-MAX 40V 16” Cordless Lawn Mower takes center stage as the best lawn mower for wet grass because of its 16-Inch cutting deck and powerful 40V 4Ah Li-Ion Battery. You can adjust the height when cutting grass and has a grass catcher bag.