The tow-behind broadcast spreader is used to spread the fertilizer that you need to revitalize some “dry” areas of the green lawn or that you intend to fertilize a large area of cultivated land. The spreader can help you to spread seeds, fertilizers, etc. efficiently. Also, it saves your time by spreading materials on a large area that needs a few days to do manually.
You can move the spreaders anywhere with the pneumatic wheels where need. But, choosing a good tow behind broadcast spreader is a challenging job because the market is flooded with lots of spreader tools. In this article, we have reviewed 5 best tow behind broadcast spreader that will fulfill your demands. Let’s have a look below:
Table of Content:
Below is the table of content for your quick overview:
- 5 Best Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader Reviews 2021
- 1. Super Heavy Duty Pull-Tow Behind 130 Pound Yard Lawn Field Garden Broadcast Spreader
- 2. Brinly BS36BH, Black, 175 lbs Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
- 3. Chapin International Chapin 8620B 150 Pound Tow Behind Spreader with Auto-STO, Red
- 4. Agri-Fab 45-0288 175-Pound Max Tow Behind Drop Spreader, Black
- 5. Agri-Fab 45-0463 130-Pound Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader
- What To Consider Before Buying A Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader?
If you want to see our selected products at a glance, you can do it from the comparison chart below:
Super Heavy Duty Pull-Tow Behind 130 Pound Yard Lawn Field Garden Broadcast Spreader
Brinly BS36BH, Black, 175 lbs Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
Chapin International Chapin 8620B 150 Pound Tow Behind Spreader with Auto-STO, Red
Agri-Fab 45-0288 175-Pound Max Tow Behind Drop Spreader, Black
Agri-Fab 45-0463 130-Pound Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader
5 Best Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader Reviews 2021
Choosing a high quality at cheap range tow behind broadcast spreader is quite challenging tasks. Below, we have reviewed 5 best tow behind broadcast spreader that will make your spreading jobs easier and ensure longevity.
1. Super Heavy Duty Pull-Tow Behind 130 Pound Yard Lawn Field Garden Broadcast Spreader
Super Heavy Duty Pull-Tow Behind is equipped with a commercial-grade gearbox that has 25000 sq ft coverage and easy to maintenance. With this coverage, you can easily cover acres of land with an average speed that saves your time. It has two pneumatic tires that are assembled with a universal hitch to ensure long time durability. Also, the spreader can spread fertilizers very quickly in your land.
It weighs 130 pounds and is made with anti-rust metal that provides long-lasting performance. It has a hopper cover and deflectors that help to keep materials dry. Also, it has hopper grates that provide a smooth flow of material and increase performance. The hoppers will protect your fertilizers from wind and reduce waste. So, it could be the best fertilizer spreader for lawns.
The tow-behind is compatible with all lawn tractors and easily assemble it. It has an on-off flow gate that can be activated with the solid rod to run it from a tractor seat. You can easily adjust the tapered gears for smooth operation. Also, it can be operated without the help of experts or professionals.
Super Heavy Duty Features:
- It has a commercial-grade gearbox with 25000 sq ft coverage powerful enough for 1 acre of land.
- The hopper covers, deflectors, and grates allow keeping fertilizers dry and safe from dust.
- It weighs 130 pounds, made with anti-rust metals, and easy to assemble with any lawn tractors.
- Its on-off flow gate allows controlling with the solid rod to set up with the tractor.
- The easy and adjustable setting allows controlling flow that provides much application.
2. Brinly BS36BH, Black, 175 lbs Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
Brinly BS36BH comes with a patented spreading system that provides a different directional spread of fertilizers with the balanced operation. Its professional-level auto flow system stops spreading fertilizers when you stop the tractor. Also, it stops wasting and burning materials from spreaders and save your money and time. It can take 175 pounds of fertilizers, seed, etc. easily.
The heavy duty lawn spreader is perfect for farmers, homeowners, and it can spread materials more than 1 acres of land within a short time. It is made with rustproof metal that provides durability and can be used in all seasons properly. Also, it is easy to calibrate with a locking dial that ensures a secured gate set up. Its multi-calibrated setting allows doing spread material perfectly.
Its single pin hook allows you to attach the tow behind with any types of lawn tractors or lawnmowers. It has a hopper cover to protect the material from dust and moisture to keep them dry. Also, it comes with glass-nylon gears that ensure extra protection from high speed. The spinner shaft helps turn gears, and the agitator provides extra speed by rotating the wheels fast.
Brinly BS36BH Features:
- It has a patented spreading system that allows spreading material with a different directional pattern.
- The auto flow technology automatically stops spreading when the tractor stopped working.
- You can calibrate the spreaders with secured rate-gate and pre-calibrated settings perfectly.
- It has a rustproof and dent-proof poly hopper that can hold up to 175 pounds of materials.
- It is made with heavy polyethylene metal that ensures durability with long-lasting performance.
3. Chapin International Chapin 8620B 150 Pound Tow Behind Spreader with Auto-STO, Red
Chapin International Chapin 8620B has impellers pattern spreading system that helps spread seeds, fertilizers, etc. accurately and automatically stop spreading when motion stopped. It has 150 pounds capacity that can cover more than 1 acres of land. Also, it is made with heavy-duty steel that provides long-lasting and durable performance.
It has a bronze bearing that reduces friction on the gearbox and axle to improve performance. It’s adjustable, easy to set the gate to provide 11 gradual settings that ensure proper application. With the large 14 inches pneumatic tires, you can easily move the tow behind. Also, it has a heavy-duty hitch that helps to improve towing capacity and comfort ride.
It comes with 8 pallets that allow us to transport materials easily. It supports any type of lawn tractors, and when you stop the tractor, it will stop spreading materials and save products from waste. The hopper grate protects the materials from wind and dust. After all, it is the best rated fertilizer spreader.
Chapin International Features:
- It has dual impeller stops that stop spreading materials when you stop moving.
- The bronze bearings reduce friction on the gearbox and axle to improve performance.
- It can hold up to 150 pounds of seeds, fertilizers, and other materials easily.
- The 11 adjustable gate settings provide perfect service with accuracy.
- It has 14 inches wide pneumatic tires with 8 pallets to move easily.
4. Agri-Fab 45-0288 175-Pound Max Tow Behind Drop Spreader, Black
Agri-Fab 45-0288 is equipped with 42 inches spreader that can cover 1 acre or 40000 sq ft land quickly. It can hold up to 175 pounds of seeds, fertilizers, etc. and suitable for all lawn tractors. When you stop the tractor, it automatically stops spreading materials on land. Also, it is constructed with galvanized steel that provides durable performance with long term use.
It comes with a poly hopper that provides anti-rust protection and increases longevity. The spreader plate and agitator helps to spread materials perfectly and rotate the wheels. The 13 inches pneumatic wheels allow moving the tow behind smoothly. Also, it has a universal hitch that helps to connect it with the tractor easily.
It allows us to control the spreading of materials from tractors seat with on/off switch. You can easily assemble the tow behind without the help of professionals. The hopper grate protects the materials from wind, and you can use it all seasons. For its tow and push design, it becomes the best home fertilizer spreader.
Agri-Fab 45-0288 175 Features:
- It comes with 42 inches spreader that can cover up to 1-acre land with 175 ponds capacity.
- The poly hopper ensures anti-rust protection that increases durability and longevity.
- It has 13 inches of pneumatic wheels that allow transporting smoothly.
- The universal hitch allows us to load and unload the tow with the tractor.
- You can easily control it from a tractor seat with the on/off switch.
5. Agri-Fab 45-0463 130-Pound Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader
Agri-Fab 45-0463 has an enclosed gearbox that provides even spreading by with tapered gears. It can hold up to 130 pounds of materials and spread the seeds and fertilizers more than 25000 sq ft land. It’s 10 to 12 ft spread width that ensures fast spreading in the area. The hopper cover, deflector, and gate protect materials from wind and dust effectively. That’s why it can be considered as the best tow behind broadcast spreader.
It is made with durable metal and poly hopper that provide anti-rust protection. Its spreader plate also has rustproof protection and helps to spread the material correctly. Also, it has an extra grate that allows improving metal flow and performance. You can easily attach it with lawn tractors or mowers with the universal hitch.
Its operation is easy, and you can control the tow behind from the tractor seat. It has 13 inches wide pneumatic tires that allow you to move it easily. The direct rod helps to control material flows with closing and opening to ensure proper spreading. You can use the tow behind at all seasons and conditions to be the best tow behind lawn spreader.
Agri-Fab 45-0463 Features:
- It has a gearbox that provides even spread material by tapering gears easily.
- With 130 pounds material load capacity, it can cover more than 25000 sq ft areas.
- The hopper gate and cover allow keeping dry the materials from wind and rain.
- Its 13 inches wide pneumatic tires allow you to transport it easily.
- The hitch helps to attach with tractors, and it can be controlled easily from the tractor seat.
What To Consider Before Buying A Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader?
Before buying the tow behind broadcast spreader, you should consider these important factors to help you get the right one. The factors are:
It is an important factor to take into account when choosing a tow behind broadcast spreader. A quality tow behind can take 100 pounds to 175 pounds of seeds, fertilizers, and other materials. It is important to see if it has a wide surface to accommodate the load, high sides to keep it contained, and removable if your loads are uneven.
You must make sure to choose something that lasts and resists heat, rain, and storms. You can select between polyethylene and stainless steel tow behind. Polyethylene can resists adverse climates, scratches, and dents. Stainless steel models are robust and work fine in harsh conditions.
If you’re just going to use it for simple yard work, you might have a model with sturdy wheels. If your work is heavier, on uneven terrain, larger ones will be perfect. They are more robust and support greater weight. The wheel size should be 8 inches to 15 inches large. The wheels allow transporting smoothly.
The wider the area of fertilizer distribution, the better the coverage, and the working times will be reduced. Check the characteristics of the product if this allows you to adjust the spreading width. So, you can have more control over the amount of fertilizer you are going to spread.
Tow behind the broadcast spreader has hopper cover, material deflectors, hopper grater, universal hitch, and spreader plate. You can change them if damaged, so look at the quality and protection of these accessories. Hopper cover and grater keeps the materials dry from wind and rain. The material deflector protects the materials from sand, ice melt, and sand rock. Also, the universal hitch allows you to attach it with any types of lawn tractors or mowers. And the spreader plate distributes the fertilizer or seeds on the land with proper flow.
By considering these factors, you will get the right tow behind broadcast spreader.
Why Should You Buy A Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader?
Tow behind spreader is one of the handy gardening tools for beginners and professionals. For many advantages and easy to spread materials, you should buy a tow behind broadcast spreader. They are:
- Tow behind broadcast spreaders helps to spread the fertilizer on the land much faster than a manual spreading application. Also, you can cover large areas within a short time with the spreaders.
- With its universal hitch spreaders, you can mount like trailers to lawnmowers or garden tractors so that you can do the job faster and with less effort.
- Fertilizers may not be 100% natural, and they may contain chemicals that are harmful to human health. With the tow behind spreader, you will not have any risk of irritation as you will never have direct contact with the fertilizer.
- Its spreader plate allows applying an equal quantity of fertilizer evenly in every part of the land. There will be no parts with more or less fertilizer, which could happen if it spreads by hand, but the quantity will always be the same in every point of the ground.
- A quality spreader makes an equal distribution that allows to reduce waste and save money.
These are the advantages of having a tow behind broadcast spreader. Now, you can buy the best one from our above-reviewed tow behind broadcast spreaders.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have answered some frequently asked questions about tow behind broadcast spreaders.
Do I need a spreader for grass seed?
Can you spread sand with a broadcast spreader?
Can you spread topsoil with a broadcast spreader?
Can you spread peat moss with a broadcast spreader?
Is a broadcast spreader the same as a rotary spreader?
A tow behind broadcast spreader is a handy gardening tool that can make fertilizer, seeds, and gardening materials spreading jobs easier and faster. Here, we have reviewed 5 best tow behind broadcast spreader that can be used with manually and lawn tractor or mowers. In the meantime, I would like to recommend Agri-Fab 45-0463 130 pound tow behind broadcast spreader that can cover more than 25000 sq ft/0.5 acre with 10-12 ft wide spreader to make your job faster with accuracy.
It has 13 inches by 4 inches pneumatic tires that allow it to transport it smoothly in the land. Also, it has a hopper cover, material deflector, and grate that protect the materials from wind and rain. With the universal hitch, you can easily attach the spreader with tractors and operate from the seat easily.