A lawn or garden owner should have a tow sprayer so that he can spray water in the large area of his garden or lawn. Because it is something difficult for one to cover the entire garden watering on the plants manually. Therefore, a tow sprayer can be a life-saver for you. With this machine, you can easily water your plants and other areas of your garden.
But choosing the best tow behind sprayer may be difficult for you if you are not willing to spend numerous hours researching. Maybe, you don’t have the adequate time to do the research. Don’t worry because we have done the hard work for you. In this article, we are going to guide you to choose the best one that ultimately will meet your needs.
Table of content:
The following table of content will show you a quick glimpse of our chosen tow behind sprayer. It will help you understand what we have covered in this article.
- 5 Best Tow Behind Sprayer Reviews 2020
- 1. Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer, White & Black
- 2. NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer – 21-Gallon Capacity, 2.2 GPM, 12 Volt DC
- 3. NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer – 31-Gallon Capacity, 2.2 GPM, 12 Volt DC
- 4. Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Gallon Pull & Tow Boom Broadcast Trailer Sprayer – Everflo 1.1GPM, White
- 5. Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer – 13-Gallon Capacity, 1 GPM, 12 Volt DC
- What To Consider Before Buying A Tow Behind Sprayer?
After selecting the 5 best tow behind sprayer, we have compared them with each other so that you can better understand. Also, if you don’t have enough time to go through the whole article, you can have a quick look at the chart as well.
Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer, White & Black
NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer - 21-Gallon Capacity, 2.2 GPM, 12 Volt DC
NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer - 31-Gallon Capacity, 2.2 GPM, 12 Volt DC
Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Gallon Pull & Tow Boom Broadcast Trailer Sprayer – Everflo 1.1GPM, White
Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer - 13-Gallon Capacity, 1 GPM, 12 Volt DC
5 Best Tow Behind Sprayer Reviews 2020
At the end of our extended-period of research, we have enough experience in reviewing these tow sprayers here. And, we do hope and believe that you will end up selecting one that will best suit you. So, read on to the end so that you can get your desired one.
1. Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer, White & Black
Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer is one of the most popular tow behind sprayer for lawn tractor. It has a universal hitch, therefore, you can connect it to any lawn tractors. It comes with your required capacity and you can load up to 15 gallons of water to spray the plants in your garden.
You can cover up to 7 inches with the spray to coverage at the time of the blooms that are extended. Its wheels have 10 inches flat free tires that benefits you to move the tow sprayer on any terrain you need to go over. Therefore, it becomes easier for you to water the entire garden including the blooms as well.
It also comes with a drain that will allow you to easily drain the water. You can spray the plants where there is difficult to spray and cover up to 30 inches for hard to reach tress and bushes. In the spring season, you can apply fertilizer and herbicide with this spray. You can also apply ice melt with the machine if you require it.
Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer Features:
- 15 gallon capacity of the tow behind sprayer allows you to spray the whole garden if you require to spray them.
- Having a universal hitch feature with the sprayer, you can attach the tow sprayer to any brand and garden tractor you need.
- Its sprayer can cover up to 30 inches so that you can reach to the hard-to-reach trees and bushes.
- It comes with 10 inches flat free maneuverable tires which allow you to move the sprayer easily and quickly on any terrain.
- In spring, you can use the sprayer to apply fertilizer and herbicide to the garden too. Therefore, you can use it as a tow behind weed sprayer with boom.
2. NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer – 21-Gallon Capacity, 2.2 GPM, 12 Volt DC
NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer is one of the most favorite sprayers to the gardeners out there in the market. Its 12V 2.2 GPM open flow allows you to spray quite faster and quicker. With its 70 PSI max of pressure benefits you to cover large area where it becomes difficult to reach with water to spray.
The tow behind lawn sprayer does the right job for you. Its 100% continuous duty rating allows you to run for long time. Also, it comes with Honeywell Micro Switch that increases its durability as well as efficiency. The tow sprayer is also chemical resistance due to having Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves for superior reliability.
The large capacity tank has gallon marks so that you can easily understand how much water is there in the tank. Not only that its tanks has extra-thick walls, therefore, it can prevent Ultraviolet Rays. The sprayer is compatible with all pesticides, meaning you can use it to apply fertilizer and pesticide as well.
NorthStar Tow-Behind Features:
- For long time of spraying, it comes with 100% continuous duty rating, therefore, you can spray with the sprayer as long as you want.
- It comes with Honeywell Micro Switch that enhances the durability and efficiency of the sprayer.
- To ensure reliability and chemical resistance, it comes with Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves.
- It has the ability to increase the pressure at 70 PSI max, therefore, you can cover a large are where it is difficult to reach.
- The tank’s extra-thick walls prevent it from ultraviolet rays and compatible with any pesticides.
3. NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer – 31-Gallon Capacity, 2.2 GPM, 12 Volt DC
NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer is the tow behind spot sprayer which enables you to spray your entire garden. This sprayer is similar to Northstar tow-behind trailer boom broadcast and spot sprayer but can carry 31 gallon of water which is massive to cover the whole garden. It comes with 12V 2.2 GPM open flow that helps you to spray properly.
The large capacity tow sprayer benefits you to carry need water or pesticides or herbicides or fertilizer to spray on the garden plants and other veggies. It comes with 100% continuous duty rating which enables you to spray for longer period of time.
The tow sprayer has Honeywell Micro Switch that enhances its durability as well as efficiency. Not only that the tow spray machine comes with Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves to ensure its reliability and chemical resistance. Its tank’s extra-thick walls works as UV-resistance and compatible with any pesticides. The 30 gallon tow behind sprayer can do the sprayer job neatly for you.
NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Features:
- Honeywell Micro Switch that comes with the tow behind sprayer enhance the sprayer’s durability and efficiency.
- For your longer period of spray time, it allows you to do the same having 100% continuous duty rating with the sparyer.
- Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves of the sprayer ensure its superiority.
- It has the capacity of 31 gallon, therefore, you don’t have to worry to load the sprayer frequently.
- The sprayer’s extra-thick walls makes it UV-protective and also compatible with any pesticides to spray.
4. Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Gallon Pull & Tow Boom Broadcast Trailer Sprayer – Everflo 1.1GPM, White
If you have small to medium lawn, then Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Gallon sprayer is great for you. Also, you can use the sprayer for your food plots and other minimal turf applications. It comes with a five feet swath from a single Boom nozzle that allows you to load the tank easily and quickly. It comes with an attach Everflo 1.1 GPM 12V pump to fill the tank pretty quickly.
The tow behind trailer sprayer can spray up to 15 feet vertically and 30 feet horizontally so that you can reach to the hard-to-reach trees and plants in the garden. You don’t have to worry about the hose that it can be dropped on the ground. Because it includes hook and loop hose strap therefore they prevent it from falling on the ground.
It is easy to store because of its foldable tongue. Therefore, you can store the sprayer at any place in the garden or other place in the garage. After completing the spray, you can remove having the rear drain port. It is suitable to attach to any brand or ATV and 4 wheelers.
Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Features:
- If you have small to medium lawn or a food plots, then it should be the best option for you to spray your lawn.
- The sprayer comes with an attached Everflo 1.1 GPM 12V pump that enables you to fill out the tank quickly and easily.
- It also comes with a standard 12V wire harness that can be switched on and off.
- The sprayer has a universal hitch that allows you to attach the sprayer to any brand or simply garden tractors.
- If you want to disinfect the surface of your garden, you can do that as well because it comes with disinfecting surfaces feature.
5. Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer – 13-Gallon Capacity, 1 GPM, 12 Volt DC
Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer is a tow behind garden sprayer that comes with 1GPM Ironton pump and durable chemical resistance to allow you fill out the tank quickly and easily. The capacity of the sprayer is up to 13 gallons which is enough to spray an entire garden. The sprayer’s tank is also ultraviolet-protective and compatible with all pesticides.
To follow the water level in the gallon, you will find the gallon marks on the tank’s body. Therefore, it becomes easier for you to monitor the water level inside the tank. The opening of the tank is 7 inches and a half and has an easy empty bottom drain so that you can fill and empty the tank easily and quickly.
In the spring, if you want, you can use the tow sprayer for your roundup agricultural herbicide as well. Its 12V DC motor helps you to run the machine comfortably on any terrain. Also, it has two wheels an flat free feature makes it easy to move and maneuver on any terrain.
Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Features:
- The sprayer comes with 1 GPM Ironton pump which enables you to fill the tank quickly and easily.
- The sprayer has 13 gallon capacity which is enough to meet your needs.
- Another cool feature of the sprayer is its gallon marks. The gallon marks allows you to monitor the water level inside the tank.
- It comes with a seven and a half inch opening and an easy-empty bottom drain for quick drain.
- Its flat tires allow you to move the sprayer on any terrain you like providing the needed friction to the ground.
What To Consider Before Buying A Tow Behind Sprayer?
Well. Before going to purchase, you have to consider a few important things to choose the best tow behind sprayer for your needs. Otherwise, you may not be able to find the best one among the crowd. Because there are several brands and sprayers that may be confusing for you.
Don’t worry because we are going to tell you these important things you should know before you to go purchase a tow behind sprayer.
Material of the tank:
The sprayer tank can be made of three different types of materials including polyethylene, fiberglass and stainless steel. All of them are worth trying because these are good enough to support your sprayer’s tank to carry the fluid inside it.
Polyethylene is lightweight, not so costly and medium in resistance. Most polyethylene is UV protective, therefore, you can purchase the sprayer made of polyethylene. On the other hand, for durability, you have to consider fiberglass for your tank sprayers. They are also rustproof therefore last longer. And the last but not the least, stainless steel should be the most durable sprayer and impact resistant as well corrosion resistant.
Depending on your requirements, you should purchase a tow sprayer that can load enough water into it. There are 13 to 25 gallons of the capacity of the sprayers out there in the market. If you own a law which is not so big, you can go for a sprayer which tank capacity is 13 gallons. But for a bigger lawn or garden, you need a tank with more capacity. It should be 15 gallons to 20 gallons so that you can cover a large area of the garden.
Consider Pressure Gauge:
It determines how large area and distance you want to cover with a sprayer. The more pressure gauge you have, the more area you can cover spraying with the tow sprayer. Sometimes, you need to reach hard-to-reach trees and plants. For this purpose, you need nothing but a high pressure gauge that can cover the area you want to spray with water.
It is one of the important things you should consider. You need to carefully choose the nozzles so that the water can come out according to your preferences. You need to adjust the nozzles sometimes depending on the area you want to cover in the garden. Nozzles are something that can ensures top-notch care and protection of your garden.
Conventional nozzles have more that 40 PSI while other nozzles can be ranges from 40 to 50 and sometimes 60 PSI to allow you to have better water pressure to spray.
Wheels come with different sizes and materials. Depending on the tank capacity, the wheels should be enough high and sturdy so that they can easily move on the rough grounds as well. Wheels that have 12 inches can hold up to the tank size of 25 gallon and can run over any terrain in the garden. If your garden or lawn has smooth surface, you can do the work with small wheels.
Why Should You Buy A Tow Behind Sprayer?
As a owner of a lawn, you should buy a tow behind sprayer for many reasons. For spraying on the trees and plants for a long time, you need a sprayer. Also, it saves your time.
- You should buy a tow behind sprayer if you want to spray your garden’s trees and plants effortlessly and for long time.
- A tow behind sprayer is a time-saver machine. Therefore, you can spray other fluids on it apart from water. You can use it for spraying fertilizer and herbicides in Spring.
- With a sprayer, you can make the soil wet by watering it to make it prepare for planting trees, plants and veggies.
- You need a sprayer so that you can water hard-to-reach trees and plants comfortably just by adjusting the pressure of the machine.
- You can bring it anywhere in the garden you need because it has the wheels to perform the hard job moving on any terrain.
Note: We have covered another article on how to use garden sprayer? You can read it if you think that you need to know a lot about using a garden sprayer.
Frequently Asked Questions
For your betterment, we have covered some question with their answers here. Below are these questions with answers.
How far will a pump sprayer spray?
A pump sprayer can spray up to 30 inches to reach the hard-to-reach tress and plants.
Can you use bleach in a garden sprayer?
Yes, you can use bleach in a garden sprayer to disinfect the garden surface.
How many square feet will a 2 gallon sprayer cover?
For most lawn care companies, the typical spray rates are: 1.5 gallons per 1,000 sq. ft. 2 gallons per 1,000 sq.
How many gallons does it take to spray 1 acre?
It would take you about 44 gallons to cover an entire acre.
How many gallons does it take to spray 1000 square feet?
It takes 1.5 gallons to spray 1000 square feet.
It should be now easier for you to choose the best tow behind sprayer for your garden. If not, let’s make it more comfortable. We recommend you to purchase NorthStar Tow-behind Trailer Boom Sprayer. Its 70 PSI max pressure gauge allows you to spray up to 30 inches where it is difficult to reach.
The sprayer comes with Honeywell Micro Switch to make it more durable and efficiency. Not only that its Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves makes it more superior reliability and chemical resistance. That’s why; you can consider buying this tow spray for your needs.