A lawn or garden owner should have a tow sprayer to spray water in the large area of his garden or lawn because it is something difficult for one to cover the entire garden watering on the plants manually. Therefore, a tow sprayer can be a life-saver for you. With this machine, you can easily water your plants and other areas of your garden.
But choosing the best tow behind sprayer may be difficult for you if you are not willing to spend numerous hours researching. Maybe, you don’t have adequate time to do the research. Don’t worry because we have done the hard work for you. In this article, we are going to guide you to choose the best one that ultimately will meet your needs.
Table of Content:
The following table of content will show you a quick glimpse of our chosen tow behind sprayer. It will help you understand what we have covered in this article.
- What Is The Best Tow Behind Sprayer?
- 5 Best Tow Behind Sprayer Reviews 2021
- 1. Features Universal Hitch for Easy Connection with Lawn Tractor: Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer
- 2. Fastest Tow Behind Sprayer: NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
- 3. Editors Choice: NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
- 4. Good For Small Lawn: Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Gallon Pull
- 5. Best For Durability: Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
- What To Consider Before Buying A Tow Behind Sprayer?
What Is The Best Tow Behind Sprayer?
If you’re looking for the easiest and effective solution to watering your garden a tow behind sprayer is one of the best options. Down this section, our expert team listed the top 5 tows behind sprayer that are currently ruling the market.
- Features Universal Hitch for Easy Connection with Lawn Tractor: Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer
- Fastest Tow Behind Sprayer: NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
- Editors Choice: NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
- Good For Small Lawn: Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Gallon Pull & Tow Boom Broadcast Trailer Sprayer
- Best For Durability: Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer – 13-Gallon Capacity
After selecting the 5 best tows behind sprayer, we have compared them with each other so that you can better understand. Also, if you don’t have enough time to go through the whole article, you can have a quick look at the chart as well.
Features Universal Hitch for Easy Connection with Lawn Tractor
|Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Fastest Tow Behind Sprayer
|NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Good For Small Lawn
|HOMESTEAD Gallon Pull Trailer Sprayer||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best For Durability
|Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer||
||Check Price On Amazon|
5 Best Tow Behind Sprayer Reviews 2021
At the end of our extended-period of research, we have enough experience reviewing these tow sprayers here. We do hope and believe that you will end up selecting one that will best suit you. So, read on to the end so that you can get your desired one.
1. Features Universal Hitch for Easy Connection with Lawn Tractor: Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer
Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer is one of the most popular tows behind sprayer for lawn tractor. It has a universal hitch; therefore, you can connect it to any lawn tractors. It comes with your required capacity, and you can load up to 15 gallons of water to spray the plants in your garden.
You can cover up to 7 inches with the spray to cover at the time of the blooms that are extended. Its wheels have 10 inches of flat-free tires that benefit you to move the tow sprayer on any terrain you need to go over. Therefore, it becomes easier for you to water the entire garden, including the blooms as well.
It also comes with a drain that will allow you to drain the water easily. You can spray the plants where it is difficult to spray and cover up to 30 inches for hard to reach tress and bushes. In the spring season, you can apply fertilizer and herbicide with this spray. You can also apply ice melt with the machine if you require it.
Agri-Fab 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer Technical Details:
- Brand: Agri-Fab Inc
- Capacity: 15 gallon
- Wheels: 10″ Flat Free Wheels
- Dimensions of the Product: 55 x 24 x 18 inches
- Weight of the Product: 37 pounds
- Model number: 45-0292
Agri-Fab15 Gallon Tow Sprayer Features:
- 15 gallon capacity of the tow behind sprayer allows you to spray the whole garden if you require to spray them.
- Having a universal hitch feature with the sprayer, you can attach the tow sprayer to any brand and garden tractor you need.
- Its sprayer can cover up to 30 inches so that you can reach the hard-to-reach trees and bushes.
- It comes with 10 inches of flat-free maneuverable tires, allowing you to move the sprayer easily and quickly on any terrain.
- In spring, you can use the sprayer to apply fertilizer and herbicide to the garden too. Therefore, you can use it as a tow behind weed sprayer with a boom.
2. Fastest Tow Behind Sprayer: NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer are one of the most favorite sprayers to the gardeners out there in the market. Its 12V 2.2 GPM open flow allows you to spray quite faster and quicker. With its 70 PSI max of pressure benefits you to cover large areas where it becomes difficult to reach with water to spray.
The tow-behind lawn sprayer does the right job for you. It’s 100% continuous duty rating allows you to run for a long time. Also, it comes with Honeywell Micro Switch that increases its durability as well as efficiency. The tow sprayer is also chemical resistance due to having a Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves for superior reliability.
The large capacity tank has gallon marks to understand how much water is there in the tank easily. Not only that, its tanks have extra-thick walls, therefore, but it can also prevent Ultraviolet Rays. The sprayer is compatible with all pesticides, meaning you can use it to apply fertilizer and pesticides as well.
NorthStar Tow-Behind Technical Details:
- Brand: NorthStar
- Capacity: 21-Gallon
- Dimensions of the Product: 48 x 42 x 25 inches
- Weight Of the Product: 60 pounds
- Model number: 282780
NorthStar Tow-Behind Features:
- It comes with a 100% continuous duty rating; therefore, you can spray with the sprayer for as long as you want.
- It comes with Honeywell Micro Switch that enhances the durability and efficiency of the sprayer.
- To ensure reliability and chemical resistance, it comes with a Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves.
- It can increase the pressure at 70 PSI max; therefore, you can cover a large area difficult to reach.
- The tank’s extra-thick walls prevent it from ultraviolet rays and compatible with any pesticides.
3. Editors Choice: NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer are the tow behind spot sprayers, enabling you to spray your entire garden. This sprayer is similar to Northstar tow-behind trailer boom broadcast and spot sprayer but can carry 31 gallons of water, which is massive to cover the whole garden. It comes with a 12V 2.2 GPM open flow that helps you to spray properly.
The large capacity tow sprayer benefits you to carry need water or pesticides or herbicides or fertilizer to spray on the garden plants and other veggies. It comes with a 100% continuous duty rating, which enables you to spray for a longer period.
The tow sprayer has Honeywell Micro Switch that enhances its durability as well as efficiency. Not only that, the tow spray machine comes with a Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves to ensure its reliability and chemical resistance; its tank’s extra-thick walls work as UV-resistance and compatible with any pesticides. The 30-gallon tow behind sprayer can do the sprayer job neatly for you.
NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Technical Details:
- Brand: Northstar
- Capacity: 31-Gallon
- Product Weight: 70.0 lbs
- Spray Gun Type: Spot, broadcast
- Dimensions of the Product: L x W x H (in.): 48 x 42 x 28 1/2
- Model number: 282785
NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Features:
- Honeywell Micro Switch that comes with the tow-behind sprayer, enhances the sprayer’s durability and efficiency.
- For your longer period of spray time, it allows you to do the same, having a 100% continuous duty rating with the sprayer.
- The Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves of the sprayer ensure its superiority.
- It has a capacity of 31 gallons; therefore, you don’t have to worry about loading the sprayer frequently.
- The sprayer’s extra-thick walls make it UV-protective and also compatible with any pesticides to spray.
4. Good For Small Lawn: Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Gallon Pull
If you have a small to medium lawn, then Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Gallon sprayer is great for you. Also, you can use the sprayer for your food plots and other minimal turf applications. It comes with a five feet swath from a single Boom nozzle that allows you to load the tank easily and quickly. It comes with an attach Everflo 1.1 GPM 12V pump to fill the tank pretty quickly.
The tow-behind trailer sprayer can spray up to 15 feet vertically and 30 feet horizontally so that you can reach the hard-to-reach trees and plants in the garden. You don’t have to worry about the hose that it can be dropped on the ground. Because it includes a hook and loop hose strap, therefore, they prevent it from falling on the ground.
It is easy to store because of its foldable tongue. Therefore, you can store the sprayer at any place in the garden or other place in the garage. After completing the spray, you can remove having the rear drain port. It is suitable to attach to any brand or ATV and 4 wheelers.
Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Technical Details:
- Brand: Homestead
- Weight of the Product: 32.5 pounds
- Tank Size: 15 Gallon
- Sprayer Style: Trailer
- Dimensions of the Product: 19 x 23 x 14.5 inches
- Model number: SL6-46-012Q-HS
Homestead SL6-46-012Q-HS 12 Features:
- If you have a small to medium lawn or food plots, it should be the best option to spray your lawn.
- The sprayer comes with an attached Everflo 1.1 GPM 12V pump that enables you to fill out the tank quickly and easily.
- It also comes with a standard 12V wire harness that can be switched on and off.
- The sprayer has a universal hitch that allows you to attach the sprayer to any brand or simply garden tractors.
- If you want to disinfect the surface of your garden, you can do that as well because it comes with a disinfecting surface feature.
5. Best For Durability: Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer is a tow behind garden sprayer that comes with a 1GPM Ironton pump and durable, chemical resistance to allow you to fill out the tank quickly and easily. The capacity of the sprayer is up to 13 gallons, which is enough to spray an entire garden. The sprayer’s tank is also ultraviolet-protective and compatible with all pesticides.
To follow the water level in the gallon, you will find the gallon marks on the tank’s body. Therefore, it becomes easier for you to monitor the water level inside the tank. The opening of the tank is 7 inches and a half and has an easy empty bottom drain so that you can fill and empty the tank easily and quickly.
In the spring, if you want, you can use the tow sprayer for your roundup agricultural herbicide as well. Its 12V DC motor helps you to run the machine comfortably on any terrain. It has two wheels, and flat-free feature makes it easy to move and maneuver on any terrain.
Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Technical Details:
- Brand: Ironton
- Tank size: 13 Gallon
- Dimensions of the Product: 40 x 21.5 x 21.5 inches
- Product Weight: 50 pounds
- Model number: 282790
Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Features:
- The sprayer comes with 1 GPM Ironton pump, enabling you to fill the tank quickly and easily.
- The sprayer has a 13-gallon capacity, which is enough to meet your needs.
- Another cool feature of the sprayer is its gallon marks. The gallon marks allow you to monitor the water level inside the tank.
- It comes with a seven and a half-inch opening and an easy-empty bottom drain for the quick drain.
- Its flat tires allow you to move the sprayer on any terrain you like providing the needed friction to the ground.
What To Consider Before Buying A Tow Behind Sprayer?
Well. Before purchasing, you have to consider a few important things to choose the best tow behind sprayer for your needs. Otherwise, you may not be able to find the best one among the crowd because several brands and sprayers may be confusing for you.
Don’t worry because we will tell you these important things you should know before purchasing a tow behind sprayer.
Material of the tank:
The sprayer tank can be made of three different materials, including polyethylene, fiberglass, and stainless steel. All of them are worth trying because these are good enough to support your sprayer’s tank to carry the fluid inside it.
Polyethylene is lightweight, not so costly, and medium in resistance. Most polyethylene is UV protective; therefore, you can purchase the sprayer made of polyethylene. On the other hand, for durability, you have to consider fiberglass for your tank sprayers. They are also rustproof, therefore, last longer. And last but not least, stainless steel should be the most durable sprayer and impact resistant as well as corrosion-resistant.
Depending on your requirements, you should purchase a tow sprayer that can load enough water into it. There are 13 to 25 gallons of the capacity of the sprayers out there in the market. If you own a law that is not so big, you can go for a sprayer which tank capacity is 13 gallons. But for a bigger lawn or garden, you need a tank with more capacity. It should be 15 gallons to 20 gallons to cover a large area of the garden.
Consider Pressure Gauge:
It determines how large the area and distance you want to cover with a sprayer. The more pressure gauge you have, the more area you can cover spraying with the tow sprayer. Sometimes, you need to reach hard-to-reach trees and plants. For this purpose, you need nothing but a high-pressure gauge that can cover the area you want to spray with water.
It is one of the important things you should consider. You need to carefully choose the nozzles so that the water can come out according to your preferences. You need to adjust the nozzles, sometimes depending on the area, you want to cover in the garden. Nozzles are something that can ensure top-notch care and protection of your garden.
Conventional nozzles have more than 40 PSI, while other nozzles can be ranges from 40 to 50 and sometimes 60 PSI to allow you to have better water pressure to spray.
Wheels come in different sizes and materials. Depending on the tank capacity, the wheels should be high enough and sturdy so that they can easily move on the rough grounds as well. Wheels that have 12 inches can hold up to the tank size of 25 gallons and can run over any terrain in the garden. If your garden or lawn has a smooth surface, you can do the work with small wheels.
Why Should You Buy A Tow Behind Sprayer?
As an owner of a lawn, you should buy a tow behind sprayer for many reasons. For spraying on the trees and plants for a long time, you need a sprayer. Also, it saves you time.
- You should buy a tow behind sprayer if you want to spray your garden’s trees and plants effortlessly and for a long time.
- A tow behind sprayer is a time-saver machine. Therefore, you can spray other fluids on it apart from water. You can use it for spraying fertilizer and herbicides in Spring.
- With a sprayer, you can make the soil wet by watering it to prepare for planting trees, plants, and veggies.
- You need a sprayer so that you can water hard-to-reach trees and plants comfortably just by adjusting the pressure of the machine.
- You can bring it anywhere in the garden you need because it has the wheels to perform the hard job moving on any terrain.
Note: We have covered another article on how to use garden sprayer? You can read it if you think you need to know a lot about using a garden sprayer.
Frequently Asked Questions
For your betterment, we have covered some questions with their answers here. Below are these questions with answers.
How far will a pump sprayer spray?
Can you use bleach in a garden sprayer?
How many square feet will a 2 gallon sprayer cover?
How many gallons does it take to spray 1 acre?
How many gallons does it take to spray 1000 square feet?
It should now be more comfortable for you to choose the best tow behind sprayer for your garden. If not, let’s make it more comfortable. We recommend you to purchase NorthStar Tow-behind Trailer Boom Sprayer. Its 70 PSI max pressure gauge allows you to spray up to 30 inches where it is difficult to reach.
The sprayer comes with Honeywell Micro Switch to make it more durable and efficient. Not only that, its Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves makes it more superior reliability and chemical resistance. That’s why; you can consider buying this tow spray for your needs.