If you have to move things around a lot, the importance of a cart is indispensable. Especially if you have a garden to take care of, or building it up from scratch, you have to haul a ton of things. You cannot haul things like Soil, compost, plants, cement ornaments, weeds, garden tools, all bare-handed. You must get a proper cart that can help you make things easier in both building jobs, carrying firewoods, and a lot more.
Getting a multipurpose cart can save you both money and space. However, the best option to get multipurpose service from a single cart takes you to a dilemma between dump cart vs Wheelbarrow. Which one and which product in each type can do it the best? Stick to the article to know what cart you’re going to appreciate getting to take care of your hustle.
Table Of Content:
Here are the quick navigation links that will help you jump to the specific section of the article you’re interested in:
- Dump Cart Vs Wheelbarrow: What Is The Difference?
- My Opinion: Which Is A Better Dump Cart Or Wheelbarrow
Follow this quick comparison chart between both the cart types and the best products in the line to compare them as the best.
Dump Cart Vs Wheelbarrow: What Is The Difference?
Both the dump cart vs Wheelbarrow can serve you well for almost all types of carrying jobs. But, which type of cart can you get the maximum from? To know that, you have to know how they function for different purposes and how they benefit you. Here are the things you must go through if you’re looking for the perfect carrying cart:
About Dump Cart
A dump cart is a steel or plastic-made cart with which you can carry goods from here to there. They come in handy for dumping scraps of any sort, such as home trash or construction trash. They are helpful for gardening and Carrying gardening tools, trees, Soil, compost, debris, weed, leaf, and so on. You can pour the cart with anything and take it anywhere either by pulling or pushing. They have 1 to 4 wheels underneath for a quick maneuver and better portability. The 4-wheel carts are the most stable when it comes to easy movement and stable dumping experience.
Benefits Of A Dump Cart
Dumping carts come with features that can help you in several ways. Here are some of the most beneficial aspects of using a dumping cart:
- The beds of dumping carts come with multiple coatings that help you get a quick release of the items inside, even if they are sticking objects.
- Dumping carts have the versatility of choosing between 1 to 4 wheels for the best experience for the maneuver.
- You can hook a dumping cart to a garden trailer or an ATV or UTV and so on for quick hands free transportation.
- Dumping carts can pull heavier than any other small cart systems, and they will allow you to carry more than a thousand pounds.
- Dumping carts are more durable than the other carts that you can find in the market with or without wheels underneath.
1. Gorilla Carts GOR6PS Heavy-Duty Poly Yard Dump Cart
This heavy-duty dump cart from Gorilla Carts has a pulling capacity of over 1200 pounds with a 6 cubic feet capacity. There are four wide diameter pneumatic tires to support the heavy upper carrying bed. These13 inch tires will make sure you’re getting the maximum stability.
It comes with a 2-in-1 convertible handle that you can use for pulling with your hands and so on. You can detach a pin and hook it with a tractor or ATV, and this makes it the best dump cart for lawn tractor. This handle is highly durable and coated for extra convenience.
The dumpling technology of this cart is extraordinary as it comes with a patented quick-release coating on the bed. You can unload anything from this cart quicker than ever with the non-sticking surface. Its frame on the wheels is rigid, sturdy stainless steel with a heavy coat on it.
Gorilla Carts GOR6PS Features:
- This cart has four wheels underneath for better stability and transportation.
- It has a non-stick, quick release coating on the poly bed for easy dumping.
- You can use the handle for both hands pulling or hooking to a UTV, lawn truck.
- Its frame is made with stainless steel, and the rails have rope hooks.
- The weight pulling capacity of this quick-maneuver cart is over 1200 pounds.
A wheelbarrow is also a cart like the dumping cart, but with some differences in them. Unlike dump carts, the wheelbarrows come into the work where you’re going to use your hands. Wheelbarrows don’s hook up to a truck or any other automotive work method. You have to pull or push the Wheelbarrow to run it, and you’ll get them with both one or two wheels. They will come with convertible or fixed stands in the back with which you can rest it flat when you’re not using it.
Benefits Of A Wheelbarrow
Unlike the dump carts, the Wheelbarrow works in different ways with different purposes in the process. Here are the most important benefits you can expect from wheelbarrows and their features:
- A dumping cart helps you carry heavy objects like firewoods, rocks, bricks, construction, and gardening items like Soil, tree, and so on.
- You can get better efficiency at work with a dumping cart as it offers you the portability of multiple items at a time.
- You’ll find the wheelbarrows handier than the dump carts if you’re working only on home projects and gardens.
- Wheelbarrows allow you to quickly transport different things as they have quick loading and unloading designs to them.
- You’ll need less space to store the cart as the wheelbarrows have compact designs to hold vertically in a narrow space.
2. WORX WG050 Aerocart 8-in-1 All-Purpose Wheelbarrow/Yard Cart/Dolly
The WORX Aerocart is an 8-in-one cart that allows you to transform the design and turn it into different carriers quickly. You can use the middle carrier for carrying big objects from bricks to the Soil and extension arms for carrying plants, rock or bags, cylinders, and so on.
It will help you pull up to 200-300 lbs, but the real feel will be far less because of the smart gravity distribution technology. It will provide leverage and make you feel like you’re holding on 17 lbs, no matter which portion you’re using from the middle section to the tail.
You’ll get a built-in dolly to hold on larger objects like life-size boxes, debris bags, and so on. There are two wheels with flat-free tires on this cart that will never puncture or flatten. You can also get a wagon kit with it that will help you hook it up with a yard truck and get going.
WORX WG050 Features:
- This Wheelbarrow comes with an 8 in 1 convertible technology to do more with one.
- You can use it for gardening, carrying cylinders, boxes, plants with the seat attachment.
- It has two extension arms for carrying rock, big pots with plants, bags, etc.
- The wheels of this cart are flat-free; they will never puncture by sharp objects.
- Its gravity distribution technology will accelerate its 200 lbs capacity to 17lbs real feel.
My Opinion: Which Is A Better Dump Cart Or Wheelbarrow
Selecting the right cart will require you to know how they work and what they offer for your particular needs. If you’re going to use the cart with a yard trailer and need more stability and hands-free operation, you should go for the Dump Cart. It can help you get more stability with its 4 wheels and get you a built-in option to hook it with a trailer. However, if you have no trailer to hook up and plan to use the cart only in the garden, go for the Wheelbarrow. It will give you every ergonomic and extra feature to help you do heavy work easily with the leverage distribution technology.
If you’ve been wondering which cart type you should go with between Dump cart vs Wheelbarrow, now you know which one to go with. They both do an excellent job and have distinguishing features that can serve several purposes.
If you still want to have a suggestion for the most versatile and best overall cart, I’d suggest you get the Wheelbarrow. It will get you versatile usability with its 8-in-1 carrier design. With the leverage distribution system will help you lessen your leverage and have comfortable movement. The extension arms will get you extra carrying capability for rocks and tree pots.