Lawn tractors are an expensive machine that helps in mowing grass. As it is an expensive machine, you need to follow the proper procedure to take care of it. Especially when it comes to jacking a lawn tractor up, you must follow a reliable procedure.
Jack and jack stand is a piece of maintenance equipment that helps to lift the lawn tractor. You will need to jack up your lawn tractor many times to service the lawn tractor tires, mower deck, or change the oil. Therefore, it’s essential to know How to Jack up a Lawn Tractor correctly. In this context, we will show you the procedure, so stay tuned.
Is it Easy to Jack up a Lawn Tractor?
A lawn tractor is a machine that uses single or more revolving blades to cut a grass surface to a specified height. It is commonly used to clean grass or tidy up the garden. After cutting the grass or other types of grasses, use a dump cart to move waste items.
However, you will find various types of dump Cart for Lawn Tractor, which will help to tow heavy loads behind your lawn tractor. Well, along with knowing the body parts of your lawn tractor, you also need to know the maintenance facts too.
When it’s about lawn tractor maintenance, jacking up the lawn tractor immediately comes to mind. Well, it is not too easy or difficult to jack up a lawn tractor, and anybody can do it by following the proper process. However, proper jack up is essential because incorrect jack-up will cause damage to the riding mower and even bodily injury.
How to Jack up a Lawn Tractor
Want to know how to jack up your lawn tractor properly? Here we have included the procedure through steps. Simply follow the below steps to learn How to Jack up a Lawn Tractor accurately.
First, park your lawn tractor on a flat or level surface, and don’t forget to engage the lawn tractor’s parking brake. Then place bricks or wood blocks around the rear tires to prevent the lawn tractor from rolling.
When you want to raise the front side of the lawn tractor, then palace a floor jack under the center of the front axle. You can also palace the floor jack under the center of the draw bar frame on the rear of your lawn tractor. If your lawn tractor does not have a draw bar, then you can place the floor jack in the center of the transaxle.
Tighten the handle on the jack on the floor clockwise and jack up and down the handle until the cut reaches the desired height.
If you are lifting the front side, then place the jack stands under each axle. Or place the jack stands under the ends of the transaxle when you are raising the rear axle. Moreover, try to use blocks, such as wood blocks under the wheels to support your lawn and reduce the risk of falling.
Slowly turn the floor jack handle counterclockwise to lower the tractor into the jack stand or wooden blocks. Now you are ready to perform your lawn tractor repair or maintenance as needed.
Safety Tips When Jack up a Lawn tractor
Knowing the steps to jack up your lawn tractor is not enough; you also need to consider some safety precautions. Here we have included some safety tips that you need to follow while setting jack and operating it.
- Select the perfect lifting tool that can easily raise the lawn tractor. Then check the weight capacity of the jack and match the lifting capacity with your lawn tractor.
- Inspect the wheel span capacity of the lifting tool. Because it is necessary to center the pads on the wheels completely. There may be a risk of the mower sliding if raised.
- The riding mower may begin to roll during lifting. For protection, you can slide the wheels square or wooden blocks to the front and back of the tire.
- Always check a couple of things before lifting the front side. You need to check where the spark plugs are, if towards the rear, it would be difficult to oil. Also, check the fuel tank and carb if there is a chance to leak fuel. Moreover, you need to check if the battery is sealed or not.
- Never use the car jack to raise your lawn tractor. That is because it will not provide the same lifting power and procedure.
As a lawn tractor is a high-priced versatile machine, you must maintain proper maintenance while operating it. To ensure proper maintenance, you have to jack up your lawn tractor in the correct way. However, now you know How to Jack up a Lawn Tractor properly.
You also know what safety tips you should follow while jacking up your lawn tractor. Proper jack-up is essential; otherwise, you may face crashing issues, which will cause serious injuries. So simply follow the above-given guidance and ensure proper jack-up and safety.